© 2014 Dekalb Metal Finishing | Sitemap |
625 West 15th Street . PO Box 70 . Auburn, IN 46706 - Phone: 260-925-1820 / Fax: 260-925-5258
DeKalb Metal Finishing’s Zinc Nickel process is an extremely reliable, production proven technology for depositing 12-15% wt nickel, zinc/nickel alloy coatings from an alkaline electrolyte. Additionally, it offers exceptionally high performance and provides exceptional corrosion protection, even after thermal shock at 120° C (250° F) for 24 hours. Deposits are uniformly bright and readily accept trivalent passivates (clear, black).
DeKalb Metal Finishing’s Zinc Nickel process is suitable for either rack plating or barrel plating installations and will provide maximum performance and the highest cathode efficiency.
PRODUCT BENEFITS OF ZINC NICKEL Plating
• Deposits are bright and burn-free, even at high current densities.
• Deposits do not display whiskers when bent after plating.
• Deposits are blister free, and exhibit excellent adhesion characteristics.
• Minimal variation of nickel content as a function of current density.
• Excellent covering power and uniformity of plate distribution.
• Deposits offer exceptional corrosion protection, even after thermal shock.
• Excellent replacement for cadmium.
Estimated Salt Spray Results = 360 hours to white rust
Estimated Salt Spray Results = 1000+ hours to red rust